welcome

huimin.
twentynine.
TNS | AHS | TJC | SMU | PART B | Lawyer

this layout is best viewed through googlechrome!

my reads

my loves, wants, desires!
tumblr
weilin!
阿信
Arukiyomi
bluefish
John Self's Shelves
onedayinmay
Powered by Osteons!
Polite Dissent!





f-lux

13 February 2010 ;00:09



"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
//Mark Twain;


It's not exactly a complete break down. But there is definitely a sense of disillusionment that throws at least part of my world into flux. I want to believe that I have strong convictions in certain areas of my life, values that I will stand up for, beliefs that I will defend. Yet, it is never easy in a place filled with people armed to the teeth with ideas, logic and passion. Ready to tear you apart at the first sign of weakness or incoherence.

In this tug-of-war between morals, beliefs, values, rights, black and white, where do I place myself? Do I have enough courage to be salt and light? Or do you start conceding more and more areas of moral no-compromise to the point where you can no longer recognise who you are anymore?

Perhaps all human wisdom is futile in the eyes of a God who is wise beyond human comprehension. Futile. Does that mean that the more we reason, the more we get confused, to the point where all the other voices crowd our heads, clamouring for attention so that we take our heart and eyes off the person who really matters?

How far can logic bring you? Logic brings you to the edge of a cliff and logic sees only as far as your eyes can go. How far can faith bring you? Faith sees God at the end of the jump. So I have the courage to jump, knowing that He will surely make my landing safe. When you have nothing else to hold on to, hold on to him.

Labels: ,